Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What I'm doing here

I tried blogging a while back, because I was emailing friends and family so many times/day with things I'd seen in the news and commentary on that. Also, I was wrapped up in trying to draft Russ Feingold for the presidency. When Russ announced, after the 2006 elections, that he'd decided not to run, I was plunged into misery. I just couldn't fins anyone else that held a candle to him. And I did understand why he made the decision, but that was almost worse-knowing that his country is so screwed up that the best have no chance at progressing to high office. Anyway, that was the end of blogging.

But now I'm back, because I want to start keeping track of what I've read, how I liked it, what I learned from it, etc. Maybe to encourage myself to read better books as well. Sometimes I'm enbarrassed to admit what I'm reading, because I know it's kind of trash. But I am reading what I am because there's something I'm getting from it, even if it's escapism. So I thought if I committed to tracking it all, it might help me in some way. I'm feeling pretty confused right now, with all kinds of pressures and disappointments in both my career and personal life, that I'm having trouble sorting out and coming to grips with. So maybe via my life in fiction, I can begin to put some things together. Or not, but at least I'll have an outlet of sorts.

3 comments:

  1. "disappointments in your personal life," huh? Don't be coy, I know you're talking about me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say you read "trash." You've just already read all the classics, so it's harder to find worthwhile books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah, you are the pressure. I am the disappointment! :-)

    ReplyDelete